It is required by the Board that the applicant holds one of the following:
- An earned Master’s Degree
- Documented ecclesiastical training
- Graduate-level course or equivalent in:
- Temperament Therapy
- Or it is required that the applicant has been practicing as a clearly defined Christian counselor, therapist or pastoral counselor for a minimum of two years.
- The applicant is recognized by a creditable agency as a practicing Christian counselor, therapist or ordained minister in the State of Georgia or has a minimum of two years of counseling experience.
- All applicants must submit a list of at least five character references and a written summary of counseling and/or ministry background.
After the application has been received, and upon information verification, applicants shall be contacted for a telephone interview.